Ontario Update No. 2

I went out for breakfast on Monday morning to what we’ve come to call “The Greasy Spoon”, it’s actually the Golden Grill, in St. Catharines. It’s at the corner of Welland and Geneva, if you’re in the area. It doesn’t look like much outside, or inside really, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that the food is amazing and you get lots of it and it’s inexpensive. It was even less expensive on Monday since my buddy bought breakfast.

I headed for Toronto after taking my nephew dogs for a walk. The drive to the airport to return the rental car was great. No traffic and no delays. I got on the TTC bus at the airport, it goes to the furthest West subway station where I made my way downtown.

My cousin met me just outside the subway station as I might have had trouble navigating my way through The Path to my aunt’s apartment building. Monday evening the three of us went to Red Lobster for dinner, it was Endless Shrimp for me. The waitress that we had was talkative, VERY talkative. I’m sure she added an hour onto our meal. We walked to and from, well, I pushed my aunt in her wheelchair, she couldn’t walk that far for sure. The food was excellent.

Tuesday was a relaxing day. I made dinner Tuesday evening, a recipe I found on Facebook. It was a chicken bacon penne pasta dish and it turned out great. I went downtown in the evening, had a good time. On Wednesday, the 3 of us went to the Royal Ontario Museum, they had a whale exhibit on. They have a membership and I got in for free as my aunt’s escort (pusher of the wheelchair). I met a friend and former co-worker for dinner at Rodeo Brazilian Steakhouse, we had meat coma. It was great food, a little pricy though, with tax and a tip, mine came to just over $100…

I headed back to St. Catharines Thursday morning. As I was leaving the apartment, a building alarm went off which shut down the elevators. Great, just what I needed. Seeing as I was catching a 930 bus back, I had to leave, so I started down the stairwell, 39 floors down to ground level. Although going down the stairs is a lot easier than going up, it was still surprisingly tiring and took a long time. I had to hail a cab and good thing I did, I’m sure I would have missed the bus. The ride back to St. Catharines was quick. I went out with a friend for wings late Thursday afternoon. Good wings is something I miss in Alberta, it’s hard to find good ones.

That brings me to today. No plans set in stone, something will come up I’m sure. I’m heading back to Alberta Sunday and presuming that the weather is good, will be getting home late Sunday evening after picking up what will be 3 very happy and tired dogs.

It’s been a good trip, far more relaxing than the last time I was in Ontario, for sure. I’m looking forward to getting home though.

About kdarcy21

Well, this is my BLOG, so, read the BLOG !!!
This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s