A good Calgary getaway…

My mini-getaway to Calgary is over. I checked at the hotel and to book another night last night would have been $135 plus tax, more than I wanted to pay for sure. I had booked it at pre Calgary Stampede rates, so I got a good rate but didn’t want to pay that much for an extra might. So, I checked out at 11am yesterday.

I visited a couple of malls and did some window shopping. I stopped at Thai Express for lunch. I ordered General Thai Mango chicken and ordered it very hot, but not hot enough to kill me, she laughed. Man, it was hot but good. I got a good sweat on, my nose was running like a faucet and my mouth was burning off of my head, but it was good. It took about 20 minutes for the burn to subside. I don’t know why I do this to myself.

I didn’t have much to do in the afternoon. I was remotely thinking of heading to the Stampede, but I didn’t have anyone to go with and it’s really expensive once you get in there so I decided to pass. Instead, I had a nap in my truck. I slept for about 1.5 hours and felt refreshed when done.

I got to the park WAY early for my 7pm game, over 2 hours early actually. That’s ok, I sat in the shade and used my phone. Thank goodness for phones, what did we do before them?

The game last night was excellent. The home team held a 5-3 lead going into the 7th and it looked like we would get out of there early, but the visitors wanted none of that and scored 4 runs off of the new pitcher who just couldn’t find the strike zone.

It was 7-5 going into the bottom of the 7th and although the home team threatened (they got a runner to 3rd), it wasn’t meant to be. The pitcher threw quite hard and I believe it was a complete game victory. Well played on both sides, few errors, just really good baseball.

I headed home at 9:30, stopped briefly as I normally do in Okotoks for a drink and a bite to eat and made it back to the Pass just before midnight. It was a busy few days.

Today, I need to bring my truck in for service. The doors aren’t unlocking when I put it in park and the drivers door won’t actually open from the inside. I called a few Ram dealers in Calgary yesterday, but none had availability. So, back on the road this morning to Fort Macleod. I hope it’s a quick fix, at least it’s under warranty.

I am heading back to Calgary this weekend for another couple of double headers. Umpiring is starting to wind down, I have 3 weekends left. It’s been a fun summer of umpiring for sure and it will give me some needed cash for my trip to Ontario.

Almost the weekend for any working folks, hold on, it’s almost here.

About kdarcy21

Well, this is my BLOG, so, read the BLOG !!!
This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s