Another busy weekend…

On Saturday, the dogs and I took our last drive together in the truck to Twin Butte, Alberta. I have heard nothing but good things about the Mexican restaurant that’s in the general store. I ordered a smothered chicken burrito with refried beans and rice. OMG, amazing, it was absolutely awesome food and definitely some of the best Mexican food I have ever had. I will be back, just too bad that it’s an hour away, it’s a nice drive anyway.

After that, we headed further South to Waterton National Park. We didn’t actually go into the park as I didn’t have 3 leashes in the truck and I didn’t want to pay $20 to go in and then not be able to walk around with the dogs.

We found an abandoned campground and we went for a little hike around there. At one point, Hera was heading towards the river, by herself, and she didn’t listen to me when I called her back. Well, she did something down there and hurt her back paw. She’s been limping since, although it is better today. No cuts, nothing jammed in between the toes so I have no idea what she did. She doesn’t complain when I look at it or rub it so I am not overly concerned. Silly dog.

I did capture this picture though:

Dogs can’t read?

So, as you can clearly see, it’s a No Trespassing sigh and all THREE dogs are on the other side of the sign. They are all scofflaws.

We headed home, it’s about an hour from where we were and I spent the rest of Saturday watching baseball.

Yesterday, I dropped the truck off to get it detailed, here are some before pics:

Horrible interior of the truck

This is the after:

After – as good as new

The truck really is as good as new. I took Blondie with me when I dropped off so I would have someone to walk home with. It was a long walk at 9am, luckily it was still cool. Once we got home, my fitness tracker showed we walked 6.9km, it took us 1:45 to get home, we were both tired, my feet were killing me.

The only complaint that I would have about the detailing is how long it took. I dropped it off at 9am and was told it would be ready by 5pm, that in itself is a long time for a detail, but, I didn’t get it back until 1020pm… I think the guy doing it just overbooked himself. He was doing 3 details that day, I might suggest it would have been more logical to do one 9-1, then 1-5 and 5-9 or so… That’s me. Anyway, the truck is immaculate. The dogs now have their own vehicle that I picked up last week, a 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber

I don’t know if it’s normal for a dog owner to buy a car for his dogs, but I did. It wasn’t expensive ($1300) and the insurance is really cheap ($78 for the YEAR) so it was a good idea on my part I think. The back seat folds down and the dogs have that entire area. Twix can also be a front seat dog again now. It will ensure that the truck stays nice and clean.

Well, that was the weekend. Let’s see what the week brings. Enjoy yours.

About kdarcy21

Well, this is my BLOG, so, read the BLOG !!!
This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s