End of my trip…

The conference wrapped up yesterday around 1:45PM.  In general, it was a good conference, not the best we’ve had, but pretty good.

The venue was nowhere near as good as Blue Mountain, that was amazing.  The food was good, but not great.  Breakfast was the best meal each day.  That says something right there, I think.  Not too hard to make homefries, bacon and eggs.  The desserts though, now they, were amazing.  Different cakes at lunch and dinner, I definitely ate way too much cake and probably put on 10lbs while I was away.

The rooms were ok, but nothing spectacular.  The beds weren’t particularly comfortable and the duvets were actually too short for the beds.  One major positive was the water pressure in the showers, it would pound paint off of a car.

So, all in all, I would say it was about a 3 out of 5 which is just a passing grade.  Oh well.

Anyway, our CIO is retiring and we had a small tribute to her on Thursday.  Nice things were said and they were true.  She held it together, mostly, in her “goodbye speech”.  A bunch of staff took selfies with her, I posted mine to Facebook, of course.  Good luck on your well deserved retirement and the start of the next phase of your life.

Our new CIO was named and it was exactly who I thought and hoped it would be.  Good luck, you’ve got a great team to work with and I look forward to working with you in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

Our bus left for the airport at 2:15 or so, it was a good ride, except for the accident that we encountered in Oakville.  It took us about 1.5 hours to get around, all but one lane were closed down.  We got to the airport shortly after 5pm.

I checked my bags and got them through.  A bunch of us leaving from terminal one had dinner together which was good.  It was nice to get to know new co-workers and catch-up with old co-workers.

My flight was slightly delayed in taking off but otherwise was an uneventful flight which is how we want all flights to be.  I took a taxi to my friends place where I was spending the night and slept very well.  I think I will sleep even better tonight, in my own bed.  I left Calgary this morning and headed home.  I unloaded the car and went to get my dogs from the pet resort.

Blondie, Hera and Twix were happy to see me and I was happy to see them.  They are all sleeping on the couch, so, they appear to be back to normal.  Hopefully the weekend will be nice so we can go on a good hike.

The World Series resumes tonight and it is a must-win for the Astros.  They better start playing the ball we all know they can, otherwise their season will soon be over.

Enjoy your weekend.

About kdarcy21

Well, this is my BLOG, so, read the BLOG !!!
This entry was posted in Baseball, Blondie, Hera & Twix, My Dogs, Personal, Work. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s