I may be giving up mountain life. I may have to make one of the, if not THE, biggest decisions of my life in the next week to ten days.
My Manager at work left a few weeks ago and I’ve applied for her job. I knew the job was based out of our National office in Toronto. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to move back to Ontario or not. I am still not sure.
I figured I would apply for the job and see what happened. I didn’t realize that I would have the support from upper management that I do. I had my interview yesterday morning and I think it went very well. I am sure they have a bunch more interviews to go through but they will likely make a decision by the end of next week or so.
I’ve been thinking, a lot, of the possibilities. I love living in Alberta, I loved Calgary and now that I’ve moved to the small town of Coleman (population of about 1400), I love living here. Life is quiet, and peaceful. If I was to work in downtown Toronto, life would be anything but peaceful.
I have looked at houses in Toronto. Despite getting a large raise with the new job, I cannot afford to rent a place in Toronto, real estate is insane. So, I’ve started looking outside of Toronto in Burlington and Oakville, prices are more reasonable, but still far more expensive than say Calgary even and well over double what I am paying here.
So, as I’ve said, if I am offered the job, it will be a tough decision. I will have to make up a list of pros and cons and talk to friends and family, there are a few people that I trust their council. Then, I will have to make the biggest decision of my life.
In the meantime, I wait. And I think about the possibilities. I know whatever I decide, it will be the correct decision and if my work decides that someone else is better suited for the job, I won’t be disappointed. As I’ve said, I love living in Alberta.
Wish me some luck, would ya? For whatever outcome. More to come.