Well, I am moving. I have been in the same place for 4.5 years, which, excluding where I grew up, this is a record. A record by 2.5 years.
I like where I am currently living. It is a great little house, good sized back yard for Zeus and has most of everything that I want/need.
There are a couple of minor issues:
- Bad windows, they bleed like crazy
- Back door sucks – it sticks, all the time
- Carpeting – don’t like it, green in the living room, hallway, pink in the bedrooms, blue in the dining room
- Fireplace doesn’t work
- Zeus can get out of the back of the yard
- Can’t use the garage, there is a classic car in there
- Minor repairs not completed
- No fan in the bathroom
- The driveway is often used by people using the business next door
- Noisy location
Things that I really like:
- Location – close to everything pretty well
- Size – perfect for 1 person (and 1 dog)
- Nice sized driveway, good for 3 cars
- Good rent, hasn’t gone up
- Cheap utilities even though the windows bleed
- Nice basement, cool in the summer
- Excellent landlord, very nice guy – good neighbour on the other side as well
- Quiet neighbours
- 6 appliances
So, the new place has tile and hardwood throughout. It has a basement apartment that I am able to rent out – the income comes to me to assist with the higher rent that I will have. The house is VERY new. It has a double width driveway, no more moving cars around – I HATE doing that. Great location, very quiet neighbourhood.
I move in sometime during May, not sure when. I don’t think that Frank will have any issues renting this place. There are only minor issues that he will clear up before it is re-rented.
I am actually excited about moving.